Sunday, January 19, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

  


In the coming weeks I think I am going to read R. K. Narayan's Ramayana. I like that it is all written by one author. This continuity is something I enjoy in a book and the other option almost seems like a collection of short stories by different people rather than one continuous book. One of the drawbacks however is that there are no pictures! Maybe I will go back to the other book and look at those pictures.

As for the two videos and comics I am interested in, they are the CrashCourse on the Ramayana, Food for Gods, Ganesha, and Rama. I thick CrashCourse is a very valuable resource and I think the writing for them is very good for gaining a broad understanding of a subject, even if they might not be super detailed. In high school I watched a lot of CrashCourse videos on double speed to learn about history. The video on the foods that gods ate is also interesting to me as I have never really thought about what the gods eat and I love food. Do they eat regular people food? Are there certain holy foods that they eat exclusively? This video will help answer some of those questions. The two comics I chose are interesting to me as they are two creation stories that my mother has told me before when I was a kid. Although I never really payed attention then, I think it will be interesting to learn more about them and maybe even educate her on the matter. 
Image result for ganesha
A traditional portrayal of Ganesha

No comments:

Post a Comment