Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Time Management


      


I think my biggest task this semester will be to use the two days a week I have off of physical classes, Monday and Wednesday, efficiently and productively. That means getting out of bed at a reasonable time and using the mornings at least to work on my two online classes. This is why I chose to read The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay. I find that my biggest problem is just starting assignments, but once I do I can typically finish them pretty fast. Another article that I read is How to Beat Procrastination by Caroline Webb. I think the most interesting point in this article that I read about was the point that telling people that you are going to do something will make you do it. This was interesting to me because I had read previously many years ago that this is actually a bad thing as that instant gratification telling people you are going to do something is actually a negative and you perceive it as a reward even though the task has not been accomplished. This, however, is a little different than how the article mentions it though because they use it in the sense of telling people that you will have something done by a certain day or by a certain time for them. As a result you have to be held accountable for it.
Image result for checklist
Making a checklist is good for keeping track of tasks

No comments:

Post a Comment