Saturday, January 11, 2020

My Favorite Place: Bryce Canyon!



Bryce Canyon

          Of of all the places that I have visited in my life, none have quite taken my breath away like the view I had of Bryce Canyon, in southern Utah, this past summer. The formations that can be seen are called "hoodoos" are created by the unique positioning of Bryce Canyon which allows for a larger amount of freeze-thaw weathering than usual. I think the best thing about Bryce Canyon is that on the drive to it you can't tell that you are near up until you park and walk to the ledge. Only after you get to that ledge can you truly see the magnificence that is Bryce Canyon.



File:Bryce Canyon Amphitheater Hoodoos Panorama.jpg


Caption: Looking out over Bryce Canyon from Sunrise Point (Wikimedia Commons)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a gorgeous picture of Bryce Canyon, Srikar! There is a whole tradition of rock-carved temples in Indian and throughout south Asia, and it makes sense: beautiful rock formations like those inspire a sense of awe and wonder. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete