Saturday, January 11, 2020

My Three Storybook Favorites




The first story I chose was basically because I thought the title was fun and really pulled me in. Tales of Tails is a story about the animals of Hindu Mythology. Sadly, although the introduction is brief, which is good, it is a little too brief and does not really give insight into what is to come in the actual stories. The layout of the page itself is pretty good and self explanatory. In particular I like how the first story has a YouTube link of a video of stream noises to really set the scene as you read it.

The second story that I chose was Looney Tunes Goes to India. This post was interesting to me as I wanted to read more on how the author incorporated the characters from Looney Tunes into his own stories. The introduction was pretty good overall with each story having it's own picture and sentence on the home page about what it was about. I think the organization is a little weird as you can't really tell which story goes with what sentence introduction very well. Maybe a hyperlink to the story after each sentence would make it more clear.

The third story that I chose was a post on Voldemort and relating the Harry Potter world to Indian Epics. The introduction is very well done although it is very long for an introduction. I think it is very well done though as the author actually takes the place of the Harry Potter characters and then retells the story in their own perspectives. As far as the actual layout of the page goes it is pretty good. I like that the pages are very clearly laid out on the left side of the page and are labeled clearly. The pictures seem kind of large and you have to scroll to see the whole picture or actually zoom out of the page.

Image result for looney tunes 
The cast of the Looney Tunes
Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment