Monday, March 23, 2020

Week 9: Wikipedia Trail - Virus to Corona Virus



Virus: For this week I wanted to learn a little bit more about the thing that is causing so much change in our daily life. This is why I read a little about what a virus is.

Corona-virus: From there, I navigated to the page for corona virus. This is a specific type of virus that is commonly found in humans and birds. In humans it causes an upper respiratory infection. 

SARS-CoV-2: This is the strain that is currently causing the coronavirus pandemic in the world. This specific strain has very close similarities to a strain found in bats, indicating that bats might be the origin.

Coronavirus disease 2020: This page is all about the current pandemic. Currently the death rate is at about 4% but can increase closer to 15% in older or already immunocompromised populations. There are confirmed cases on all continents but Antarctica. 
SARS-CoV-2 without background.png
A Picture of the Novel Corona Virus

1 comment:

  1. Hi Srikar,

    I saw that you were doing the Wikipedia Trails over the Coronavirus and was immediately interested. I actually haven't checked out a Wikipedia Trails post before, but yours makes me think I should binge read more. This is such a short and easy way to educate yourself and others. I like how you picked a topic so relevant, great job!

    ReplyDelete