Friday, March 20, 2020

Week 9 Story: The Gang Gets Drowned



Kong opened his eyes and took a deep breath in. It was a bright early morning on the banks of the Nile River and Kong was ready to take on the day. Today was the day his wife, Nile, was expecting their first child. Kong was excited as he did not have any kids and it was expected that this first child was a boy. Little did he know, his day was about to take a turn for the worse.
 
As Kong walked to the nursery, he spotted a lone Nile crouched by the bank of the river. In her arms he saw a small figure, wailing with furious intensity. As he looked more closely he saw Nile drop the child into the river and saw him get swept away by the strong currents of the Nile River. 

Kong called out in shock and fear. "Nile! What are you doing that is our firstborn son. He is destined to be the next ruler of our kingdom!" Startled, Nile whipped around wondering when Kong had arrived.

"Remember the promise you made to me the day we married? The promise that you would never question me or ask me why I am doing what I do?" Defeated, Kong turned away and sobbed as the wails of his son faded away, down the river. 

The years came and went and Kong watched his next six children all meet similar fates but when it came to the eighth child Kong could no longer remain silent.

"Nile I can not sit quietly while you systematically drown all of out children! At least tell me why. Why are you doing this."

"Oh my king it pains me as much as it pains you, to watch your children get swept away in the same river that gives our kingdom life. Long ago I swore an oath. This oath said that I would give birth to the eight Vasus who were cursed to live mortal lives. I swore that when they were born into their mortal lives I would immediately kill them and release them from the curse." Frustrated, instead of drowning the last child, Nile took the child and left. 


Image result for nile river

The roaring banks of the Nile River

Authors Note: In this weeks story, I focused on the beginning of the Mahabharata. I drew my information from the first Epified video. I find that these videos are excellent to start as a foundation because they are short and sweet. They don't focus too much on the minute details so you can fill in these parts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment