Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Week 8 Biographical Writing



This week, I am going to respond to where I lived my first semester of college and where I lived and how it contributed to my college experience. During my first semester of college here I was scared about who I am going to meet and making new friends. As I am from St. Louis I didn't know anybody who went or goes to OU. I moved into David L Boren Hall instead of the towers like most of the other freshman. I think the main reason for this is because I committed to OU pretty late as it was not my first choice of college. My roommate freshman year, Dylan Lloyd, who coincidentally I told about this class and is also in it, was and still is one of my roomates. He is from Kansas City and got paired with me as he also didn't commit to going to OU until very late as well. Luckily we got along very well and he is one of my best friends currently. In our hallway there was another guy that I met and became friends with name Evan. I also live with him currently. I think living in DLB instead of the traditional dorm setting. I remember the first day that we moved in, the faculty in residence that was in charge had a cookout or something like that where Evan, Dylan and I went. There, we met some guys that lived on the 4th floor of the building named Zach and Jose who were roommates. That night we played card games all night and two years later. Zach, Dylan, Evan, and I all live together and when Zach graduates this year. Jose is taking his place in the apartment. I think this first week and finding this core group of friends was vital to my college experience. Without this, although I am sure I would have made friends eventually, I don't know if it would have been the same kind of fraternal bond that we have.
Image result for david l boren hall

No comments:

Post a Comment