Sunday, February 23, 2020

Wikipedia Train: Yaure Language to Rugby World Cup

To begin this Wikipeida trail I looked through the Twitter feed and found the Yaure mask. I chose this piece as it is located in the St. Louis Art Museum, a place I have been to many times as I am from St. Louis. I then went on Wikipedia and then looked at the Yaure language. I learned that Yaure is a language of west Africa.

Ivory Coast: Then I clicked on Ivory Coast as I feel as though it is a country I do not know a lot about so I would like to learn more about it. I went through the table of contents and found out what sports they like to play as sports are one of those things that unify a whole group of people

1995 Rugby World Cup: From here I clicked on the 1995 Rugby World Cup as this was the first world cup that Ivory Coast qualified to play in. It was also the first major sporting even to be held in South Africa after apartheid ended which is a big deal.

Rugby World Cup: I wanted to learn a little more about rugby so then I went on to learn about the Rugby World Cup as a whole. The most recent competition took place in Japan where South Africa beat England to get their 3rd world cup.

ImageThe mask that started it all. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment