Sunday, February 23, 2020

EC: Week 6 Biographical Writing

For this week I think I will be writing about my weekend for extra credit because I think it was very enriching and is a weekend I will remember for a long time.

This weekend a couple of friends and I drove up to Tulsa, OK for a friend's sister's quinceanera. For those of you unfamiliar, a quinceanera is a coming of age ceremony for a hispanic girl when she turns 15. We left Friday night and first stopped at the hotel to drop our stuff off, but then we went to my friend's house to eat some food. Not only was his house out in the boonies somewhere but the food there was out of this world. I'm already a big fan of Mexican food but when it is authentic and spicy and fresh I'm in heaven. We ate to our hearts content and the next day was the actual quinceanera. I had never been to a quinceanera so I had no idea what to expect but it was a great time. There were a ton of people, and once again great food. The dress his sister was wearing was also very pretty. It was a light pink kind of like what is shown below. We ate and drank and danced to our heart's content. It was a very fun weekend as I love big family functions like that. I think in the future I need to go to more quinceaneras.

Image result for quinceanera
An example of the dress that his sister wore

No comments:

Post a Comment