Sunday, February 23, 2020

Micro-fiction: The Tortoise and the Hare

As the hare lays there comfortable with his lead,
the tortoise makes progress like a fast mare and finishes ahead of the hares heed.

Hare was lazy, Turtle was steady.

Authors note: The story that I chose to condense and make my own microfiction out of is the classic story of the tortoise and the hare. What was interesting to me is that the story is listed as the hare and the tortoise but I have only ever heard it flipped as the tortoise and the hare. I don't think I ever really struggled with making the story as the original is pretty short to begin with but I did have to stop and think for the 25 word one to use words that would rhyme, but still convey meaning instead of just not making any sense.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment